Hidden network issue
Wawrzek Niewodniczanski
2015-10-19 10:14:27 UTC
Hello,

Some time ago I asked about connection to hidden network. One of the
information I remember was that following following identifier is
wrong:
wifi_70188ba36ecd_hidden_managed_psk

One of suggestion that time was to ancient version of connman. So now
I retry is something newer (1.30 from Arch), but have the same
problem. I cannot access this hidden network - I got Input/Output
error.

What should I do to debug?

Wawrzek
--
Dr Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański or Wawrzek for short
PhD in Quantum Chemistry & MSc in Molecular Engineering
Linux User #177124
Patrik Flykt
2015-10-19 10:31:50 UTC
Post by Wawrzek Niewodniczanski
Hello,
Some time ago I asked about connection to hidden network. One of the
information I remember was that following following identifier is
wifi_70188ba36ecd_hidden_managed_psk
One of suggestion that time was to ancient version of connman. So now
I retry is something newer (1.30 from Arch), but have the same
problem. I cannot access this hidden network - I got Input/Output
error.
What should I do to debug?
You need to have an Agent running, the simplest one is connmanctl with
the 'agent on' command. Connecting to
wifi_70188ba36ecd_hidden_managed_psk requires ConnMan to ask the SSID
and passphrase from the user.

Cheers,

Patrik
Wawrzek Niewodniczanski
2015-10-19 10:57:37 UTC
Post by Patrik Flykt
Post by Wawrzek Niewodniczanski
Hello,
Some time ago I asked about connection to hidden network. One of the
information I remember was that following following identifier is
wifi_70188ba36ecd_hidden_managed_psk
One of suggestion that time was to ancient version of connman. So now
I retry is something newer (1.30 from Arch), but have the same
problem. I cannot access this hidden network - I got Input/Output
error.
What should I do to debug?
You need to have an Agent running, the simplest one is connmanctl with
the 'agent on' command. Connecting to
wifi_70188ba36ecd_hidden_managed_psk requires ConnMan to ask the SSID
and passphrase from the user.
The agent was on and I was asked for passphrase - Then I got I/O error.

Wawrzek